Level 5: Dwarven Ruins and Camp
Back to Eye of the Beholder
Level 5: Dwarven Ruins and Camp
The Dwarven Runes of Safe Passage mark the illusionary walls in this area. Eventually you’ll come across the Dwarven camp. If you agree to help them they’ll reward you with the Stone Medallion Portal Key. This level isn’t entirely safe as Giant Spiders still wander around the more secluded passageways.
1) Steps up to Level 4 Location #67.
2) Dwarvish Rune of Safe Passage and illusionary wall.
3) Dwarvish Rune of Safe Passage and illusionary wall.
4) Cleric Scroll of Prayer.
5) Scale Mail and Dwarven Key.
6) Dwarvish Rune of Safe Passage and illusionary wall.
8) Illusionary wall to the north.
9) This door is opened from the northern side.
10) Use a Dwarven Key to open the door to the north.
11-12) Iron Rations.
13) Door must be forced open.
14) A Secret Button on the west wall opens the door to the west.
15) Dwarvish Rune of Safe Passage and illusionary wall.
17) Stairs up to Level 4 Location #78.
18) Push the Button to open the door. It can only be opened from this side.
19-20) Spiders roam these passages.
21) Cleric Scroll of Hold Person.
22) Iron rations.
23) Illusionary wall to the north.
24) Portal which requires a Stone Necklace to activate. It telepoorts you to Level 7 Location 67.
25) Mage Scroll of Haste.
26) The shelf on the east wall has a Stone Necklace Portal key.
27) Armum, the leader of the Dwarven camp. If you agree to help them he’ll give you the Stone Medallion Portal Key and six Rations. A Dwarven Fighter named Dorhum will offer to join your party.
28) Illusionary wall to the west.
29) Three pits in the ceiling where you can drop down from Level 4.
30) The Dwarven Cleric will heal your characters or resurrect NPCs if you have their bones in your inventory.
31) The inscription reads “Pantry” and a Poison Potion.
32) These doors are opened from the south side.
33) Use a Dwarven Key in the lock to open the north door.
34) Use a Dwarven Key in the lock to open the north door.
35) Stairs down to Level 6 Location #1.
36) The inscription reads “Please reset drain holes when finished”.
37) Pulling down the Gargoyle Lever resets most of the pits on this level.
39) Pull the Jeweled Lever to open the door to the south. As you move through this area pits will open up behind you. Make sure you don’t get trapped or double-back.
40) The inscription on the south wall reads “Greed will be your downfall.”
41) -3 Cursed Sling and a -3 Cursed Axe.
42) Teleporter to #37.
44) Pair of Leather Boots.
45) Blue Gem Ring of Feather Fall.
47) Insert a Key to open the door to the east.
48) Insert a Key in the keyhole on the southern wall to open the door to the east. There’s also Plate Mail and a Mage Scroll of Invisibility 10′.
49) Teleporter to #50.
50) You are teleported here from #49.
51-53) Spiders roam this area.
54) Pushing the Button on the north walls makes the western wall disappear.
55) Illusionary wall to the east.
56) Illusionary wall to the east and a Rock.
57) Telport/spin trap. You’ll be teleported to 58A and spun 180 degrees.
58A) Teleport from #57.
58B) Wand of Frost. The walls to the north and west are illusions.
59) Putting weight on the Pressure Plate opens a pit to the north.
60) Illusionary wall to the north.
61) Illusionary wall to the west.
63) Illusionary wall to the north. An inscription on the west wall says “You’ve made it this far. Good luck.”
64) Spear and Iron Rations.
65) Illusionary east wall.
66) Stairs down to Level 6 Location #2.
67) Cleric Scroll of Aid.
68) Iron Rations.
69) There’s a Secret Button on the east wall that makes it disappear.
70) Spiders and a Mage Scroll of Dispel magic.
71) A Secret Button on the south walls open up a passage to the south.
72) Teleporters A,B and C bring you here.
73) Teleporter D brings you here. The Lever opens the door at #81.
74) Teleporters E and F bring you here.
75) Teleporter G brings you here. The door is opened by pulling the Lever at #82.
76) Teleporter K brings you here.
77) Teleporter L brings you here. The inscription reads “Things are not always as they appear”.
78) Teleporter M brings you here.
79) The Lever opens the door at #80.
80) The door is opened by the Lever at #79.
81) The door is opened by the Lever at #73.
82) The Lever opens the door at #75.
83) There is a Long Sword here which can’t be accessed.
A-C, H) Teleport to #72.
D) Teleport to #73.
E-F) Teleport to #74.
G) Teleport ot #75.
I) Teleports to Teleporter A.
J) Teleports to Teleporter K. Inaccessible Cleric Scroll of Detect Magic.
K) Teleport to #76.
L) Teleport to #77.
M) Teleport to #78.
N) Teleport to G.
O) Teleport to F.