Syberia 2 continues the adventures of Kate Walker after finally meeting the enigmatic Hans Voralberg at the end of the orginal game. In Syberia 2 Kate and Hans continue the search for the mammoths who are thought to still be alive on the island of Syberia.
Syberia 2 is a little shorter than the original but still received good reviews in 2004 when it was released for it’s enchanting story line and enchanting graphics. Some of the puzzles can be quite difficult to complete so that’s why we have taken the time to provide a full walkthrough of this game below.
Syberia 2 Walkthrough
Romansberg – The first stop is the train station at Romansberg. Rewind the train and find coal for the cold journey to the north.
The Monastery – Speak with the Patriarch, find a cure for Hans and then make your escape from the monastery.
The Frozen North – Finish up a few loose ends in Romansberg and then head out towards the Frozen North in search of the lost Mammoths.
Youkol Village – Kate is rescued by the Youkols but now must find a way to bring Hans back from the dream world.
Penguin Island & Syberia – Travelling on the Ark Kate and Hans run aground on Pengiun Island. You must find a way to get the ship moving again and then call the mammoths once you reach Syberia.
Syberia 2 Tips
- Look at everything in each scene and find out which items you can interact with
- Talk with everyone you can as they may give clues as to what you need to do next
- Remember to use your phone. There are numbers stored in your phone already and you’ll find more numbers you can call as you explore.
- If you get really stuck don’t be afraid to check here for some clues. It’s a tricky game and some of the solutions to the puzzles are not immediately obvious.
- It’s not possible to reach a dead end. There’s always something you can do to progress with the game.
Syberia 2 was released in 2004 by MC2-Microids for Windows, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Android. It continues the plot from the first game and the developers have stayed with the same game style, graphics and game mechanics.
Syberia 2 was designed with the Virtools Engine 3.0 for creating the 3D environments. The game is slightly shorter than the previous episode and for that reasons received some negative feedback. In spite of this it still received a positive reception with a score of 82/100 from Metacritic.
The next installment of the series, Syberia 3, is set to be released in December of 2016. The original Syberia was first released in 2002 and it still holds up well as great adventure game today.