Temple of Lathander Level 4
Back to Eye of the Beholder 3
Temple of Lathander Level 4
This is the last level of the game and the area where the Dark God resides. It’s filled with Shadow Hounds and Death Knights. Shadow Hounds are not difficult to kill but you do need magic weapons of at least +1. Death Knights are much tougher and can cast Fireball spells. They also wield heavy two-handed swords +4.
DK) Death Knights.
SH) Shadow Hounds.
1) Stairs down to Level 3 location 14.
2) Stairs down to Level 3 location 35.
3) Teleporter to level 3 location 38.
4) The plaque reads “Against these gates neither stealth nor sword nor prayer shall prevail.” Use a Dispel Magic spell to open the doors out of this room.
5A-C) Throw the Coin (found at location 22) into the fountain at 5A. This causes a Crystal Key to appear in the niche at 5B and two Shadow Hounds to spawn at 5C.
6A-B) When you step on the Pressure Plates at 6A Lightning Bolts shoot at the party from 6B.
7A-B) When you step on the Pressure Plates at 7A Lightning Bolts shoot at the party from 7B.
8) Crystal Key.
9) Hammer of Throwing +3 and a Spear +4.
10) When you dispel the Shadow of Death at location 13 this wall turns into a door. You can only open the door once you have the Sun Mask found at location 23.
11) The final fight! When you go through the teleporter you’ll be sent to location 28 for a fight with the Dark God. Make sure you are ready for the confrontation.
12) Use a Crystal Key to open the door to the north.
13) The Shadow of Death is in this alcove. To dispel it you need to touch it with the Staff of Life. When you do the wall at location 10 turns into a door.
14) Use a Crystal Key to open the doors to the north and south.
15-16) Nothing here.
17) Use a Crystal Key to open the door to the east.
18) A Basin of Holy Water. Using the holy water will purify the party and allow them to enter the room at location 19. If you kill a creature after being purified you will need to use the holy water again.
19) You can only enter this room once you’ve been purified by the holy water at location 18.
20A-B) Staff of Life. Use the staff to dispel the Shadow of Death found at location 13. When you pick it up 6 Shadow Hounds will appear from 20B.
21) A Crystal Key and Mage Scroll of Fireball can be found in the niche.
22) Mage Scroll of Disintegrate and a Coin.
23) The Sun Mask hangs on the wall. Use it to open the door at location 10.
24A-B) Stepping into the teleporter at 24A teleports the party to Sublevel 2 location 24B.
25) The southern walls are illusions.
26A-B) The teleporter at 26A teleports the party to Sublevel 1 location 26B.
27) A Staff +4 and a Cleric Scroll of Resurrection.
28) The Dark God. This is the final fight of the game. You teleport here from location 11. Make sure you’re ready for the battle.
Back: Lathander Level 3 Return to Eye of the Beholder 3