Level 8: Drow Outcasts
Back to Eye of the Beholder
Level 8: Drow Outcasts
This level is inhabited by Driders and Hell Hounds. Driders are resistant to most spells but all other weapons are effective. Hell Hounds move quickly and breath fire. Try not to get surrounded by them. They are resistant to some spells but all weapons are effective.
1) Stairs up to Level 7 Location 26.
2) Stairs up to Level 7 Location 32.
3) Spider carving on an illusionary wall to the north.
4) Insert a Ruby Key in the spider Keyhole to open the door to the north.
5) Ruby Key.
6) Drow Bow and a Mage Scroll of Vampiric Touch.
7) Stairs down to Level 9 Location 1.
8) Drow Key and Red Gem.
9) Stairs up to Level 7 Location 32.
10) Stairs down to Level 9 Location 86.
11) Jeweled Key and Mage Scroll of Shield.
12) Drow Key.
13) Stairs down to Level 9 Location 3.
14) Stairs up to Level 7 Location 40.
15) Ruby Key.
16) Stairs up to Level 7 Location 33.
17) Insert a Red Gem into the receptacle on the north wall to open the door.
18) Destination of teleporter at #84.
19) On the east wall is a shelf and a Spider Button. Putting a Key on the shelf and pressing the Button turns the key into a Red Gem. You can make as many gems as you have keys.
20) An inscription on the south wall reads “One gem for one key”.
21) Stairs down to Level 9 Location 10. There’s a Secret Button on the south wall that opens a passage to the south.
22) Illusionary wall to the north.
23) Drow Key.
24) Stairs up to Level 7 Location 69.
25) Spin Trap that rotates the party 180 degrees.
26) Driders patrol this area.
27) Teleport destination from #29.
28) Scepter of Kingly Might and a Robe.
29) Stepping here teleports your party to #27.
31) Plate Mail called Plate Mail of Great Beauty. This armor is -3 Platte Mail.
32) Two Driders and a Hell Hound.
33) Two Driders.
34) The Portal on the north wall requires a Stone Scepter to activate. It teleports your party to Level 10 Location 7.
35) Drow Boots.
36) Cleric Scroll of Protection from Evil.
37) Flame Gauntlet. The Button on the west wall opens the door to the north.
38) When you step here a Fireball flies at you from the north. Step to the west to avoid it.
39) A Fireball flies down from the north when you step here.
40) A Pit.
41) A Fireball flies down from the north when you step here. To avoid it quickly step forwards and then to the west.
42) A Fireball flies down the hall from the south.
43) A Pit.
44) Flame Gauntlet.
45) Two Hell Hounds.
46) When you step here you’re teleported to Location 48.
47) On the shelf you’ll find a Green Gem Ring of Sustenance.
48) When you step here you’ll be teleported to #46.
49) This room is filled with Hell Hounds!
50) Mage Scroll of Invisibility 10′.
51) A Secret Button on the south wall opens the passage to the east.
52) The Spider Button opens the passage to the north.
53) Cleric Scroll of Hold Person.
54) The message on the east wall reads “Turn around”. When you read the inscription you’ll be teleported to #56.
55) The eastern wall is an illusion.
56) The message on the east wall reads “Turn around”. When you read the inscription you’ll be teleported to #54.
57) The Spider Button on the west wall opens the four doors to the south, releasing four Hell Hounds.
58) A Non-Magical Ring and a Medallion.
59) Stairs down to Level 9 Location 38.
60) Pressure Plate. Inside the room are 12 Flame Gauntlets.
61) Cleric Scolls of Cure Critical Wounds, Neutralize Poison and Prayer.
62) Two Driders.
63) This door can’t be opened from this side.
64) The only way into this room is to drop down from a pit on Level 7 Location 16.
65) Two Hell Hounds and a Teleporter that transports you back to #1.
66) Two Hell Hounds.
67) There are four Pressure Plates in a row next to the pits. Standing on a Pressure Plate opens or closes the adjacent pit. There’s also a Glowing Rock here.
68) The Button opens/closes the pit at C.
69) The Button opens/closes the pit at D.
70) The Button opens/closes the pit at A.
71) The Button opens/closes the pit at B.
72) The north wall has a Portal which is the destination of the Portal on Level 10 Location 7. This Portal can’t be activated from this side.
73) Wand of Lightning Bolt.
74) One Hell Hound.
75) Stepping on the Pressure Plate removes the wall to the west but closes the location at #78.
76) Stepping the the Pressure Plate removes the wall to the southwest but makes the hall to the north inaccessible.
77) Mage Scroll of Ice Storm.
79) Teleporter to #85.
80) The inscription on the eastern wall reads “One’s faith repaid”.
81) You can reach here by falling down a pit on Level 7 Location 38.
82) Potion of Extra Healing and Cleric Scroll of Raise Dead.
83) This door can only be opened from this side by pressing the Button.
84) Teleporter to #18.
85) Destination of Teleporter at #79.
86) Nightstalker, a +3 Long Sword.
87) Driders patrol this area.