Level 9: Lower Reaches of the Drow
Back to Eye of the Beholder
Level 9: Lower Reaches of the Drow
1) Stairs up to Level 8 Location 7.
2) Use a Jeweled Key on the Spider Keyhole to open the door to the north.
3) Stairs up to Level 8 Location 13.
4) Use a Drow Key to open the door to the south.
5) The inscription on the west wall says “One key for one gem”.
6) Place a Gem on the shelf and press the Button at #7 to create a Jeweled Key.
7) Spider Button to create Jeweled Keys at #6.
8) The inscription on the east wall reads “It is written, the key lies on the other side.”
9) Use a Jeweled Key to open the door to the south.
10) Stairs up to Level 8 Location 21.
11) The Portal on the east wall requires the Stone Dagger to activate. It teleports you to Level 7 Location 65.
12) Drow Boots.
13) The west wall is an illusion.
14) A +3 Drow Shield.
15) Displacer Beast.
16) Displacer Beast.
17) If you place an Orb of Power from Level 11 or 12 into the shelf on the west wall all of the items in your inventory will be identified. This uses up the Orb and it will disappear.
18) The message reads “Oracle of Devouring”.
19) The eastern wall is an illusion.
20) Suit of Chain Mail.
21) Mage Scroll of Invisibility.
22) The southern wall is an illusion.
23) This door can only be opened from this side.
24) Stepping on the Pressure Plate will open or close the door. Inside are two Displacer Beasts.
25) Three Arrows.
26) Stepping on this Plate deactivates the Hall of Thieves at #28.
27) The inscription on the south wall reads “Thank you” or “You forgot something”.
28) Hall of Thieves. Along the hall are shelves. When you step near them some items from your inventory will be placed on them. The only way to deactivate the trap is to step on the Pressure Plate at #26.
29) The inscription on the west wall reads “Hall of Thieves”.
30) An inscription of a gem. Insert a Glowing Rock to open the door to the east.
31) Two Displacer Beasts.
32) Drow Key.
33) An inscription of a gem. Insert a Glowing Rock to open the door to the east.
34) Mage Scroll of Stoneskin.
35) The inscription on the east wall reads “Watch your head”.
36-37) When you step here Glowing Rocks fly from the east and land at #36.
38) Stairs up to Level 8 Location 59.
39-42) Place the correct items on the shelves to open the door at #43. At #39 place a Sword. At #40 place Armor. At #41 place Food. At #42 place a Rock or Arrow.
43) Once the above items have been placed this door will open. Inside are two Displacer Beasts.
44) Poison Potion.
45-48) One Displacer Beast guards each of these rooms.
49) Cleric Scroll of Detect Magic.
50) Displacer Beasts patrol this area.
51) Two Rust Monsters patrol this area.
52A-B) Insert Drow Keys into the keyholes to open the doors to the west.
53) One Rust Monster.
54) The inscription on the wall reads “The cunning and agile shall survive”. Run down the hall to the east to avoid being hit by Dart Traps from the north and south.
55-56) Stepping on these Pressure Plates sets off Dart Traps.
57) The remains of the fighter Beorham are here as well as his equipment, a Dagger, Shield, Plate Mail, Helmet, Holy Symbol and an Ancient +5 Long Sword named Severious.
58) Stepping on this Pressure Plate sets off Dart Traps.
59) The southern wall is an illusion.
60) The south wall has a Magic Missile Gauntlet.
61) The inscription on the west wall says “Drow word for button”.
62) Stepping on this Pressure Plate releases a Magic Missile from the west.
63) The Button on the east wall activates a Magic Missile Gauntlet at A.
64) The Button on the east wall activates a Magic Missile Gauntlet at B.
65) The Button on the south wall activates a Magic Missile Gauntlet at C.
66) The Button on the north wall activates a Magic Missile Gauntlet at D.
67) The Button on the west wall activates a Magic Missile Gauntlet at F.
68) Stepping on this Pressure Plate or pressing the Button releases a Magic Missile from E. On the east wall is a keyhole. Use a Drow Key to open the door to the west.
69) The wall to the west disappears once you complete #75.
70) This room can only be reached by falling through the pit on Level 8 #40. There is a Potion of Extra Healing here.
71) The wall to the north is an illusion.
72) Nothing here.
73) Cleric Scroll of Protection from Evil 10′.
74) Five Darts and a Cleric Scroll of Dispel Magic.
75) Throw an item through the northern wall and the wall to the west will disappear. Throw an item on the Pressure Plate to the west and the illusionary wall at #69 will disappear.
76) Stairs down to Level 10 #47.
77) Stairs down to Level 10 #53.
78) Pushing the Secret Button on the south wall opens the passage to the north.
79) Cleric Scroll of Raise Dead.
80) One Rust Monster patrols this area.
81) Wand of Fireballs.
82) Push this button after placing an item on the shelf at #83 and a passage to the north will be revealed.
83) An empty shelf.
84) Stairs down to Level 10 #1.
85) Cleric Scroll of Raise Dead.
86) Stairs up to Level 8 #10.
87) The message on the south wall reads “Storage”.
89) Mage Scroll of Armor. The wall to the north is an illusion.
90) Cleric Scroll of Flame Blade.
91) One Displacer Beast.
92) This door is opened from the other side.
93) Stepping on this Pressure Plate opens the location at #69.
A-F) Missile Gauntlets.
Back: Level 8: Drow Outcasts Next: Level 10: Mantis Hive