Level 3: Lower Sewer Level
Back to Eye of the Beholder
Level 3: Lower Sewer Level
This level is inhabited by the Flind, small gnoll-like creatures that can only attack one at a time but are fast and can do a lot of damage, and the Kuo-toa, fish-like creatures that can cast the Lightning Bolt from a distance. This level is the last of the Sewer levels.
1) Ladder back up to Level 2 location #68
2) Spin Trap. When stepping on this tile your party will be rotated around 180 degrees.
3) Silver Key
4) Spin Trap.
5) Flind with a Silver Key.
6) Kuo-toa and an Arrow.
7) R.A.T.S teleporter to #8.
8) R.A.T.S teleporter to #7.
9) Secret Button on the west wall that opens the alcove just to the north.
10) Cleric Scroll of Cause Light Wounds.
11) One Kuo-toa
12) There are 3 Keyholes along this wall. Put a Silver Key in this keyhole reveals a Red Button. Press it and a Kuo-toa will appear behind you and attack. It drops a Silver Key when killed.
13) Using a Silver Key in this keyhole reveals a Blue Button. Press it to reveal a secret passage and an Arrow.
14) Same as 12.
15) Stepping here opens a pit to the west. To the north is a Mage Scroll of Detect Magic.
16) Red Gem and +3 Dagger called Backstabber.
17) One Kuo-toa.
18) Use a Silver Key to open the door to the east. When you do two Kuo-toa will appear from the south and west.
19) You can use a Silver key in the keyhole to also open the door at #18.
20) Two Kuo-toa, a Potion of Extra Healing and a Potion of Healing.
21) Kua-toa patrol this area.
22) Stepping here opens a pit to the west.
23) Place a Red Gem in the hole to open the door to the south. Dropping down any of the pits in the room beyond will take you to the Sub-Level.
24) A single Kuo-toa roams this area.
25) Four Arrows, a Red Gem and a Potion of Speed.
26) This Pressure Plate closes the pit at L.
27) This Pressure Plates closes the Pit Q.
28) This Pressure Plate permanently closes the Pit A. You need to do so to get the items at #25.
29) This Pressure Plate opens the pit F.
30) This Pressure Plate also opens the pit F.
31) This Pressure Plate opens the pit P.
32) Place a Red Gem in the hole to open the door to the south.
33) Two Flinds guard this room.
34) This Button opens and closes the door to the north.
35) Mage Scroll of Fireball.
36) The Lever opens and closes the door to the south.
37) Two Flind patroll this area.
38) One Flind.
39) Two Kuo-toa.
40) Spear, Leather Armor, Long Sword and Human Bones belonging to the fighter Anya.
41) Two Flind patrol this area.
42) Rock and a secret Button on the north wall that opens up a passage to the north.
43) One Flind.
44) Door can’t be opened from this side. It must be opened from #48.
46) Spin-trap and teleport to corner of room.
47) Two Kuo-toa.
48) An inscription on the west wall reads “Museum” and the Lever opens the door to the south.
50) The Lever on the north wall opens the door to the north.
51) Trap teleporter that teleports your party to #52. The teleporter only goes off once.
52) Teleport from #51.
53) A Blue Gem lies on the shelf.
54) Place a Blue Gem in the eye of the statue on the wall. Once all four Blue Gems have been placed in #54, #56, #62 and #63 the passages open up at #56 and #63.
55) Blue Gem.
56) Place a Blue Gem in the eye of the statue on the wall.
57) Spin and Teleport trap. Sends the party to #68 and rotates 90 degrees to the left.
58) Spin and Teleport trap. Sends the party to #69 and rotates 90 degrees to the left.
59) Two Flinds are on patrol here.
60) Blue Gem.
61) Blue Gem.
62) Place a Blue Gem in the eye of the statue on the wall.
63) Place a Blue Gem in the eye of the statue on the wall.
64) Shield, Chain Mail and Arrow.
65) Three Iron Rations.
66) Ladder leading down to Level 4 location #1.
67) Ladder leading down to Level 4 location #2.
68) You are teleported here from #57.
69) You are teleported here from #58.
70) Teleporter to #23.
71) Wand of Magic Missiles.
72) Teleporter to #73.
73) The party is teleported here from #72 and #7.
S) Safe spot.
T) Statue of a Flind.
U) Statue of a Kuo-toa.
V) Statue of a Flind and Rations.
W) Statue of a Kuo-toa and Potion of Healing.
X) Statue of a Kuo-toa.
Y) Statue of a Flind and a Cleric Scroll of Flame Blade.
Z) Statue of a Kuo-toa and a Rock.