Level 4: Upper Level Dwarven Ruins
Back to Eye of the Beholder
Level 4: Upper Level Dwarven Ruins
The Dwarven Ruins have been infested with Giant Spiders with a poisonous bite. The best tactic is to hit and run or take them out from a distance. If you do get bitten there’s a chance you’ll be poisoned. Your Clerics probably haven’t learned the Neutralize Poison prayer yet but you can use Slow Poison to slow down the effects and then hunt around for a Cure Poison potion.
1) Northern Stairs to Level 3
2) Southern Stairs to Level 3
3) The Button on the West wall opens the door to the south and a secret passage to the east with a Giant Spider inside.
4) Giant Spider.
5) Three Iron Rations.
6) Stepping on this Pressure Plate closes the door behind you. It can only be opened from the northern side.
7) Stepping on this Pressure Plate closes the door to the north.
8) Two Giant Spiders.
9) Giant Spider.
12) Dwarven Key.
13-14) Spiders roam these halls.
17) Stepping on the Pressure Plate closes the door to the west.
20) A Blue Gem Ring with no magical properties.
23) Four Spiders and a Stone Scepter which acts as a Portal Key.
25) Green Gem Ring of Protection +3.
26) Stepping here removes the wall at 89.
27) Stepping here removes the wall at 90.
28) Use a Dwarven Key to open the door to the west.
29) The walls here recede when you step towards them.
33) Nothing of interest.
34) The inscription reads “Access Control Lever”. Pull the Gargoyle’s Arm to close the pit at #91.
36) Pulling the Chain locks and unlocks the moving blocks at #29.
37) The passage to the north is opened from #87.
39) Injured Dwarf named Taghor who will join your party if you help him. He makes an excellent fighter and comes with an Axe and Chain Mail.
40) Pull the Gargoyle’s Arm to close the pit at 40.
41) Pit closed from #40.
42) A Dwarvish inscription reads “Kruen – King under the mountain”.
43) Use a Dwarven Key on the gargoyle keyhole and the middle door opens. The two doors to the east and west must be closed for location #82 to open.
44) Gargoyle decoration.
45) Pull the Lever to close the pit at #51.
46) Gargoyle decoration.
47) A Medallion and Robe.
48) The Dwarven inscription reads “Kruen – The fearless one”.
49) Dwarven Key.
50) The Dwarven inscription reads “Kruen – the holder of wisdom”.
51) This pit is closed from location #45.
52) The Pressure Plate opens and closes the three pits to the east.
54) The Lever opens the door to the west.
55) Gargoyle decoration.
56) The passage to the south is opened from location #87.
57) Gargoyle decoration.
58) The message on the wall reads “There is evil which lies beyond this room”.
59) Portal which teleports the party to Level 7 location #63. Use the Stone Medallion to activate it.
60) Two Cure Poison Potions.
61) Two Cure Poison Potions.
62) Press the Button to open the door.
63) The message on the wall reads” Oracle of Knowledge”.
64) The shelf on the south wall is empty however if you place an Orb of Power on the shelf all magic items in your inventory will be identified.
65) Gargoyle decoration.
66) If you pull the Gargoyle’s arm spiders will appear at locations #92 and #93.
67) Stairs down to Level 5 location #1.
68) Gargoyle decoration.
69) Button that opens and closes the southern door.
70) Use a Dwarven Key to open the door to the north.
71) Button to open the door to location #72.
72) This is a magic room that contains a Spider, Potion of Healing and a Dwarven Key if you enter it from one direction. Close the door and enter from the other three directions for more items.
73) Button opens the door to the magic room at #72.
74) Use a Dwarven Key to open the door to the north.
75) Button opens the door to the magic room at #72.
76) Button opens the door to the magic room at #72.
77) Use a Dwarven Key to open the door to the south.
78) Stairs down to Level 5 location 17.
79) Potion of Healing.
80) Use a Dwarven Key to open the door.
81) Two Cure Poison Potions.
82) This secret is opened from location #43. Behind the secret wall is a +3 Axe called the Drow Cleaver. Pull the Chain on the wall to open a secret passage at #50.
83) Cleric Scroll of Slow Poison, Mage Scroll of Flame Arrow and a Potion of Healing.
84) A hidden pressure plate that opens/closes the pit in the center of the room.
85) The message on the east wall reads “Emergency Exit”. Dwarven Shield and Dwarven Helmet.
86) The south wall is an illusion.
87) A Gargoyle Lever on the north wall opens/closes the passage between location #37 and #56.
88) Secret button on the west wall that opens/closes a secret passage just west of #84.
89) When you step here the passage at #26 is opened.
90) When you step here the passage at #27 is opened.
91) This pit is opened/closed by using the Lever at #34.
92-93) Once you pull the Lever at #66 Spiders appear here.